Bangsamoro Islamic Armed Forces
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Site PortalSite Portal  GSMProduct  Forum Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Published On: Mon, Sep 12th, 2011 Headlines / News & Current Affairs | By Juan dela Cruz The Bangsamoro on ARMM Structure

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rontok82
Moderating team
Moderating team

Published On: Mon, Sep 12th, 2011 Headlines / News & Current Affairs | By Juan dela Cruz The Bangsamoro on ARMM Structure Empty
PostSubject: Published On: Mon, Sep 12th, 2011 Headlines / News & Current Affairs | By Juan dela Cruz The Bangsamoro on ARMM Structure    Published On: Mon, Sep 12th, 2011 Headlines / News & Current Affairs | By Juan dela Cruz The Bangsamoro on ARMM Structure EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 6:01 am

Cotabato City – It was very the 10th anniversary of the Final Peace Agreement between the government and the MNLF and very a year after Hussin had left his post, ending a nine-year rule of the MNLF in the ARMM.

Learn lessons from our mistakes, Parouk Hussin, the Foreign Affairs chief of the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) who became the second and last MNLF official who served as governor of the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, said years ago when asked what advice they would give the Moro Islamic Liberation Front which was then nearing an deadlock in the peace negotiations.

To continue the method but they ought to learn lessons from our mistakes, if ever they made some mistakes, because that will help. So that in the final analysis, they are going to be signing a more significant agreement, more serious in its implementation, and all parties will be more serious in this implementation. They ought to continue to monitor developments not only in their area but in other areas. And naturally this ought to involve the whole constituency in the ARMM. But I think they are doing fine. They are consulting people ¦ Yung mga misunderstanding diyan naayos naman nila lahat, Hussin told MindaNews.

The MILF has definitely learned lessons from the MNLF experience, Al Haj Murad Ebrahim, MILF chair, admitted in an interview with MindaNews last September 6.

In Kuala Lumpur on August 23, the MILF peace panel recommended to its Central Committee rejection of the government’s proposed peace settlement submitted a day earlier.

The government offered a three-for-one proposal that involves large economic development, a peace accord and historical/cultural acknowledgement

Government peace panel chair Marvic Leonen refers to it as honestly different from the MILF’s comprehensive compact and is the result of the panels extensive consultations with the different stakeholders in the Mindanao peace method and is also the mandate of the President of the Republic.

Both government & MILF peace panels had announced on August five that President Aquino & Murad had agreed the night before to fast-track the negotiations in the hope that a peace agreement would be signed & implemented within the term of the President. Aquino’s term ends on June 30, 2016.

As it turned out, the August four Aquino-Murad meeting in the presence of their respective peace panel chairs as note-takers, was actually a preview of what government was going to offer in the Kuala Lumpur talks on August 22 & what the MILF’s response would be.

As soon as they sat down in the meeting room, Murad recalls, the President started explaining they desires the issue solved within his term. He elaborated on how they see the issue. They said the issue has been there for lots of years already so they must do something. So they said for me, personally, I need whatever I can do, I need to do it now. So they started elaborating on improving basic services, governance strengthening¦ nakikita sabi niya there is no actual governance in this area & then the people need social services, development, so that is how they explained it. Then they said. I need to do this along with your group within my term¦ I will be nice until 2013 only because after 2013 I might be a lameduck President.

Murad says they emphasized to the President that the MILF won’t sign an agreement that won’t reflect the aspiration of the Bangsamoro people & is not acceptable to the large majority of the Bangsamoro people.

Murad acknowledged the issues the President cited but I said for us these issues are the fruit, the result of the actual issue. What they see is there is a actual issue, the root cause of the issue, the absence of peace & order, the absence of effective governance, the absence of development, basic services because there is an ongoing war in the area & the war is because the Bangsamoro people are struggling to accomplish their aspirations for self governance & self determination. So that I think Mr. President is the actual issue & root cause of the other issues.

Even if they address these issues, they are all palliatives because unless they solve the actual issue, the root cause of the issue, this will keep on going on, they said.

I will be frank with you Mr. President, the ARMM is not a self-governance¦ It does not reflect the aspirations of Bangsamoro people¦ there is no actual autonomy, although the name there is autonomous region, in the event you examine the powers of the ARMM, there is no actual autonomy so that is why for over twenty years already, the ARMM did not do anything for the Bangsamoro.¦ in the event you look at the ARMM, it only became a milking cow for the politicians.

They said their proposal, submitted to the government panel on February ten, is for a substate because even in the coursework of the beginning of the peace talks, they already agreed they won’t speak about independence. But the only alternative they see for aspiration of people for independence is a state for the Bangsamoro people that will reflect their aspirations to govern themselves according to their own lifestyle.

Murad said they explained to the President that the only way to solve the issue is to be realistic, to see the issue as is. So that is why they concluded by saying the ARMM, whatever you do with the ARMM, cannot solve the issue so they must do away with this ARMM & then build another structure that can (reflect the aspirations of the Bangsamoro).
Back to top Go down

Published On: Mon, Sep 12th, 2011 Headlines / News & Current Affairs | By Juan dela Cruz The Bangsamoro on ARMM Structure
Page 1 of 1